If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team and Damco Distribution, now part of the Maersk global organization under a combined Warehousing & Distribution division, offer third party logistics services to over 500 customers. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of warehousing capacity throughout the country and a large transportation segment capturing a variety of services, we have key supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New Jersey/New York areas, and other facilities along the Western & Eastern coasts along with multiple locations in the Midwest. Delivering significant sales and profitability growth, we will drive the Inland Logistics and Services business for the combined US business units for Maersk.
This position requires someone who can work in a high paced shipping and receiving warehouse environment with the ability to promote a safe and profitable business strategy. Accountabilities include but are not limited to conducting and maintaining training documents, managing a powered industrial truck program, incident and injury investigations, safety inspections and daily safety walks.
· Ability to observe and identify unsafe and at-risk acts, conditions, and behaviors.
· Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly safety checks and reports.
· Manage safety incident reports and conduct incident/injury investigations (RCCA).
· Have knowledge of warehouse racking and conveyor systems and processes.
· Interpret warehouse operations anomalies and identify appropriate solutions.
· Monitor product damage to determine unsafe acts and its root cause to prevent re-occurrences.
· Facilitate and maintain powered industrial truck training program.
· Establish and maintain business processes to ensure employees are working safely to prevent incidents and injuries that lead to downtime.
· Conduct and communicate safety talks, safety alerts, safety bulletins and trainings.
· Assist in creating literature that will help communicate safety messages.
· Must be able to interact and communicate with employees on a daily basis.
· Must have good organization skills and attention to detail.
· Support warehouse management and associates in safety process management.
· Promotes and encourages all employees in safe work habits, i.e. proper lifting, bending, reaching, stretching and flexing.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Knowledge of Federal and State OSHA Regulations.
· Participate in facility audits and is able to execute and track progress on findings.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Demonstrated leadership skills.
· Supervise and positively motivate employees in a team-based environment.
· Ability to speak in front of various groups (management/peers/workers) and sizes.
· Position is full-time and on-site.
· Bilingual in Spanish a plus
· College Degree
· Advanced Certifications in Health & Safety (OSHA Based certification)
· Current CPR and First Aid Certification
Notice to applicants applying to positions in the United States
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Damco Distribution Services, Inc (DDSI) is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities who are applying for positions in the U.S. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
If you are interested in applying for employment with DDSI in the U.S. and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, or if you need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job, please contact the applicable Human Resources Department by emailing wndhrsupport(at)maersk.com. You may also contact the Human Resources Department by calling [Register to View] . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis pursuant to an interactive dialogue between the applicant and the Company.
Pay Transparency Notice:
Job Type: Full-time
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Work Location: One location