To effectively perform the purchasing and procurement functions for the school under the
guidance and direction of the School Business Administrator.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
Minimum 2 years of purchase and procurement or similar business experience preferably in
the public sector and/or in settings that serve low-income students and communities.
Ability to effectively use the Microsoft Office Suite, including fluency with Work and Excel
to analyze and evaluate data
Preferred experience and familiarity with online accounting and budget software system,
such as CDK
Preferred experience in the formal Competitive Contracting process, State contracts, and
Exceptional attention to detail, organizational, and follow up skills.
Criminal history background check, physical and proof of eligibility to work in United
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
1. Processes the purchase requisitions and prepares purchase orders for items and services
for entire school district.
2. Places the orders with the vendors upon approval by the Purchasing Agent accordingly.
3. Keeps track of shipped/received items throughout all district buildings.
4. Assist the School Business Administrator in the procurement process and in preparation of
5. Ensures all purchasing are appropriate to the requirements of the Public School Contracts
Law N.J.S.A. 18A:18A-1 et seq.
6. Follows IRS regulations to vendors regarding issuing 1099 tax form and Business
Registration Certificate regarding Corporations, LLC, sole proprietors, partnerships and/or
7. Assists auditors for the purpose of providing support and documentation on internal
purchasing and procurement processes in compliance of applicable state rules, guidelines
8. Monitors account balances and related financial activity for the purpose of ensuring that
allocations are accurate and complying with established financial and budget practices.
9. Informs other staff and vendors regarding procedural requirements (e.g., ordering and
purchasing procedures, available funds, etc.) for the purpose of facilitating the purchasing
process with established practices.
10. Collects, updates and maintains required purchasing documents, files and records from the
vendors such as W9 and NJBRCs, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the compliance with
established polices and regulatory guidelines.
11. Other duties assigned by School Business Administrator and the CEO
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a 12-month contract subject to renewal every year. Salary commensurate with education
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $35,842.66 - $81,970.67 per year
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Somerset, NJ 08873: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Procurement: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location