Get hired before December 31, 2021 and receive a $500 bonus* after 90 days of employment!
Apply to find out more!
*based on eligibility requirements
Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, Eden is a community-services provider and not-for-profit organization, serving children and adults with autism for over 40 years. Founded in 1975, Eden began as a small, family-oriented school for individuals with autism and today offers classes from pre-K through age 21. In addition, Eden provides services for adults with autism including residential and employment programs, as well as providing clinical and training support for families and professionals.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Community Job Coach who will provide support, job coaching, and oversight to adults with autism in their community-based employment settings and Eden’s employment centers. The goal is to eventually fade the job coach out and promote independence. The schedule for the position is Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Positions based out of West Windsor and Hamilton, NJ. The pay rate is $15.50/hour.
- Document the support given to the adult participant while coaching him/her at their work site and/or at Eden’s employment centers.
- Follow daily and weekly activity schedule to meet the therapeutic needs of 1 – 3 participants as assigned.
- Record, update, and maintain data via Therap relating to each participant’s performance on individual teaching and behavior support programs.
- Measure the effectiveness of programs and improvement level of participants.
- Represent Eden in a professional manner at all times while coaching participants within the local community.
- Collaborate with clinical staff regarding teaching and behavior support plans.
- Participate in the development of Individualized Habilitation Plans (IHPs) and Behavior Support Plans (BSPs)
- Implement all teaching and behavior support programs.
Communication and Meetings
- Maintain professional and proactive communication with parents, employers and colleagues.
- Participate in regularly scheduled individual meetings with Residential Supervisor(s) and house staff meetings for participants.
- Notify Supervisor of any situation which compromises the safe and effective operation of the program and/or participants.
- Cooperate with Eden Autism Services and Department of Human Services staff in any inspection or investigation.
- Safely transport participants to and from scheduled work site(s) and/or community activities.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of Eden vehicles after each use.
- High School Diploma required or GED equivalent; prefer Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in human services or related course of study.
- New Jersey Certified Supported Employment Specialist via Rutgers University-Boggs Center
Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience working with individuals with autism or other developmentally disabled individuals in a vocational or employment setting; valid drivers’ license required with record in good standing.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, squat, kneel, stretch, stoop, and/or reach above shoulder level for extended periods of time (up to 30 minutes).
- Vision requirements to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50
- Ability to pass and maintain Professional Crisis Management (PCM) certification at a P2 level on an annual basis, including implementation of all strategies and techniques.
- Ability to move or be moved freely and quickly to ensure the safety of students/participants at all times.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge
- Sound working knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Supported Employment Development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service on a consistent basis.
- Basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals and groups, both internally and externally, in order to achieve desired results.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to implement physical techniques including personal control, crisis, and restrictive procedures as trained; may be required to provide physical assistance and/or prompting to an individual.
- Beginner to intermediate proficiency in MS Office including Word and Excel.
Eden offers a comprehensive salary and well-rounded benefits package including medical and dental, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, and more.
The qualified candidate must successfully complete a background check, including criminal check and fingerprinting, mandatory drug testing, motor vehicle check, reference checks, and completion of a medical/ health physical and Mantoux test.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: must be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination card, or receive 1st vaccine shot within 30 days of hire date.
We adhere to CDC guidelines. Employees are required to wear a mask at all times. Employees must complete a health questionnaire and have their temperature taken daily. We require strict adherence to all sanitation guidelines including frequent handwashing and six (6) feet social distancing.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Ellen Snowhill, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com or apply online (www.edenautism.org) and click on “Careers at Eden”.
Eden is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply to find out more!
*based on eligibility requirements