Become a Residential Teaching Associate at Eden Autism-you’ll love the way we work!
Eden Autism is looking for energetic and compassionate people to provide support to adults in our group homes and out in the community. This is an excellent opportunity if you enjoy teaching and coaching others, and would like to work for an organization where your passion could be turned into a rewarding job.
Experience working with people with autism or other disabilities is an advantage, but it’s not a requirement—we provide paid training and you will be working with others as a team. What IS required is a positive attitude and desire to succeed in helping others experience their best life.
Our group homes are located throughout Mercer County, with day centers situated in Hamilton, Plainsboro and West Windsor. We have part-time and full-time positions available, and can offer a variety of schedules including week day, weekend, and awake overnight shifts, with three-day on/three-day off rotations—our employees find this flexibility perfect for their busy lives!
In Robbinsville, we have Weekend Day schedules Saturday and Sunday 8:30 am - 8:30 pm, Friday/Saturday/Sunday Awake Overnight schedules Friday 11:00 pm - 8:30 am and Saturday/Sunday 8:30 pm - 8:30 am, and Wednesday-Saturday schedule with Wednesday/Thursday 3:30 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm, and Saturday 8:30 am - 8:30 pm.
Great Pay, Great Benefits…..Check Out Our Generous Employee Package!
- Hourly wage $14.75/hour.
- Annual performance-based merit increase program
- Time-off benefits including paid vacation, sick, and personal days
- Medical/RX (three plans to choose from), dental, and vision insurance
- Paid life insurance equal to 1.5 times your annual base salary
- Retirement savings account with an employer match
- Employee discount programs including cell phone plans, shopping, and entertainment
- Excellent training programs including CPR and First Aid, medication administration, ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis),and crisis management
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 per year
- Access to Eden’s fitness rooms
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee recognition programs
- Wellness programs and health fairs
- A variety of full-time and part-time work schedules including a traditional 40-hour week, a rotating shift of three days on/three days off, Saturday/Sunday shifts and more!
Your Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the safety of those we support at all times.
- Teaching the men and women we support basic life skills such as cooking, laundry, cleaning, and personal hygiene - on site and in community settings.
- Assisting with daily activities including shopping, leisure and recreational activities, and visits to the doctor.
- Driving individuals we support to and from our group homes and day centers and around the community.
- Keeping track of the growth of individuals as they learn new skills and providing related information to supervisors.
- Communicating with family members, colleagues, and supervisors and completing required reports.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred, but not required
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver's license with record in good standing (less than 5 points)
- Must pass a background check, including drug testing, fingerprinting, motor vehicle check, references, physical and Mantoux test
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: must be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination card, or receive 1st vaccine shot within 30 days of hire date
- Ability to meet physical requirements including being able to sit, stand, bend, squat, kneel, stretch, stoop, and/or reach above shoulder level for extended periods of time (up to 30 minutes); vision requirements to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; pass and maintain Professional Crisis Management (PCM) certification at a P2 level on an annual basis, including implementation of all strategies and techniques; ability to move or be moved freely and quickly to ensure the safety of students and participants at all times
- Beginning to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel. Comfortable using an Apple iPad for data collection
If you’re looking for a rewarding and inspiring work environment, and are committed to making a difference in the lives of people with autism, we’d like to hear from you!
Eden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.