Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, Eden is a community-services provider and not-for-profit organization, serving children and adults with autism for over 40 years. Founded in 1975, Eden began as a small, family-oriented school for individuals with autism and today offers classes from pre-K through age 21. In addition, Eden provides services for adults with autism including residential and employment programs, as well as providing clinical and training support for families and professionals.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Recruiter who will assist in managing all aspects of the recruitment process including: determining and building candidate sources, advertising, prescreening resumes, interviewing, and reporting/tracking recruitment data for primarily entry-level positions for the Adult Services Day/Employment and Residential Programs. In addition, the Recruiter will partner with the Senior Recruiter and the hiring managers to develop recruitment strategies to achieve the optimum staffing levels within the programs; have a good understanding of the organizational structure and culture; be knowledgeable of the organization’s employment-related policies/practices and applicable federal and state laws as they pertain to employment practices.
- Participate in weekly staffing meetings; serve as a backup in leading the staffing meeting when the Senior Recruiter is not available.
- Create/post job postings to ensure that all internal (Eden Staff Matters, Eden’s website, etc.) and external job boards (Talent Network via CB, Indeed and LinkedIn, etc.) have current and active postings.
- Become familiar with candidate requirements by reviewing job description and position requirements.
- Provide information about Eden and job opportunities to potential qualified candidates.
- Review candidate resumes; schedule and conduct telephone pre-screens (i.e. work history, reason for leaving job(s); education; training; job skills and salary requirements); refer qualified candidates to the hiring managers for interviewing.
- Coordinate and/or schedule face-to-face interviews with the Senior Recruiter, hiring managers and other staff who may influence the hiring decisions; determine if any tests and/or presentations are required for the respective job opening.
- Become familiar with Eden’s Talent Network via CareerBuilder, Indeed, and LinkedIn; create information pages that are relevant to Eden’s brand; ensure continuity throughout (i.e., employment information, etc.).
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need; maintain regular contact with candidate pool.
- Maintain records on recruiting activities as required.
- Assist in the planning and attend Eden’s internal job fairs (on a quarterly basis), as well as community job fairs (i.e., Department of Labor, Chamber of Commerce, local colleges, etc.).
- Assist with presentations; attend group meetings to increase awareness about Eden before and after job/career fairs.
- Assist with the tracking and maintaining Eden’s Employee Referral program.
- May assist the Senior Recruiter in the development of annual recruiting budget.
Recruitment Strategies and Development
- Partner with the Senior Recruiter and Assistant Director of HR to maintain candidate sources by researching and contacting community services/memberships, local colleges, internet sites, social and traditional media.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to determine any workforce gaps, applicant needs, and skills required.
- Assist in developing recruitment programs that establish Eden as the “gold standard” agency and becoming an employer of choice, both internally and externally.
- Continuously recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting to ensure there is a talent pipeline to draw upon.
Communication and Meetings
- Communicate regularly with the HR team and hiring managers to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Attend professional meetings and membership development meetings as needed.
- Assist with research, analysis, and presentation of hiring data and statistics; complete monthly recruitment activity reports as needed.
- Assist in the on-boarding process of the new hire and/or assist in preparing and sending offer letter; follow up with the new hire to conduct a check-in about the job, the organization, and relevant employee matters.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director of Training and/or Program Managers, monitor new hire trainees to complete all trainings and assign start dates.
(The responsibilities listed are representative and not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned by supervisor.)
We adhere to CDC guidelines. Employees are required to wear a mask at all times. Employees must complete a health questionnaire and have their temperature taken daily. We require strict adherence to all sanitation guidelines including frequent handwashing and six (6) feet social distancing.
Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent experience; prefer Bachelor’s degree in HR-related field
- Minimum three (3) years’ high-volume recruiting experience, preferably in the Direct Care and/or Human Services industry; HR experience is a plus with at least one (1) year emphasis on recruitment;
Specialized Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Effective organizational and follow-up skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to conduct research.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence; good negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledgeable of behavior-based interviewing and employment laws (i.e., interviewing, fair labor standard act (FLSA, EEO, etc.).
- Working knowledge of social media sites.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular work hours to meet business needs (i.e., may be required to conduct telephone interviews in the evening, as well as attend job fairs).
- Ability to travel locally (average of 10-25%).
Eden offers a comprehensive salary and well-rounded benefits package including medical and dental, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, and more.
The qualified candidate must successfully complete a background check, including criminal check and fingerprinting, mandatory drug testing, motor vehicle check, reference checks, and completion of a medical/ health physical and Mantoux test.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: must be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination card, or receive 1st vaccine shot within 30 days of hire date.
Required: Cover Letter
Eden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.