Position Description: As HomeWorks’ Program Assistant, you will serve as the link between the HomeWorks’ administrative team and the HomeWorks’ house team. At the house, you will complete a daily log detailing the needs of the house, provide scholars with academic and tutoring support, assist in tracking scholar academic progress, support the HomeWorks staff with overseeing daily programming, and more. Additionally, you will also serve as House Support Staff and supervise scholars when needed. During the summer, you will transition into full-time administrative work to prepare for the next program year.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Support and implement programming, such as academic tutoring, study skills, college access, and identity-driven leadership.
- Serve as an academic advisor and tutor, assisting scholars in daily academic study hall from 7pm to 9pm and tracking scholar school attendance and grades on a weekly basis.
- Assist in assessing academic needs of scholars, coordinate, and carry out appropriate strategies and/or interventions.
- Manage the tutor attendance database.
- Assist with the Scholar Recruitment Process - send emails, coordinate school meetings, nomination sheets, recruitment calls, set up interview documents, deliberation presentations, acceptance packets, marketing material etc.
- Assist in tracking house expenses and receipts.
- Assist in coordinating logistics of any HomeWorks events.
- Serve as a bus-aide for the morning or afternoon bus routes, when needed.
- Assist in scheduling programming for the 2023 - 2024 school year.
- Assist in coordinating Scholar/Parent Orientation and Scholar Overnight Retreat.
- Assist in recruiting volunteer tutors for the 2023 - 2024 school year.
- Assist in making improvements to our Social Justice Learning curriculum
- Assist in building our internal College Access curriculum.
- Assist in creating HomeWorks marketing material.
- Assist Office and House Staff with any admin-related matters.
- HomeWorks Staff Orientation.
- Ongoing staff and culturally responsive training as determined by HomeWorks.
- New Jersey Bonner AmeriCorps orientation prior to the start of the term of service.
- Ongoing training as determined by the staff of the New Jersey Bonner AmeriCorps Program and by the Site Supervisor and/or Campus Director throughout the term of service.
- Strong commitment to HomeWorks’ mission, values and scholars.
- College degree required.
- Extensive experience with youth (experience with youth in Trenton preferred).
- Trustworthy, professional, and reliable.
- Excellent communication skills.
Dates of Dedication:
- From February 2023 to June 2023, the Program Assistant will work Mondays through Thursdays 1:30pm - 9:30pm. Additionally, you may be asked to serve as the bus aide for the afternoon bus route 1:30 - 2:30pm from Monday - Thursday during the academic year. From July 2023 - September 2023 the summer hours will change to Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM. Hours may be subject to change.
Terms of Compensation:
- Stipend Allowance: $15,000 for Part-Time. This position does not include housing.
- Education Award: $3,247 only upon successful completion of the term of service.
- Health and Dental Benefits (Serving in FT Capacity Only)
- Childcare Benefits (if eligible)
- Loan Forbearance and Interest Accrual Benefits (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer Policy: HomeWorks is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To Apply: Complete this [Register to View] 54151">initial application or visit our website and find the position under the careers section.
For more information about our organization, please visit homeworkstrenton.org