- Assist with the Scholar Recruitment Process - send emails, coordinate school meetings, nomination sheets, recruitment calls, set up interview documents, deliberation presentations, acceptance packets, marketing material etc.
- Assist in volunteer and tutor recruitment and implement new communication systems and onboarding processes.
- Assist in implementing donor and volunteer retention strategies.
- Assist in researching grant opportunities and updating the funders research database.
- Assist in researching, budgeting, and booking field trips.
- Assist with implementing and tracking program/organization success metrics and perform data analysis and visualization.
- Assist with Summer Intern Recruitment and Management.
- Assist in tracking house and office expenses and receipts.
- Assist in coordinating bus inspections.
- Assist in coordinating logistics of any HomeWorks events.
- Assist Office and House Staff with any administrative related matters.
- Marketing & Communications
- Assist in executing HomeWorks marketing strategy.
- Assist in developing marketing material for social media platforms, mailchimp, mailings, etc. to reach various target audiences, such as scholars, families, volunteers, community partners, donors, and more.
- Update and maintain the HomeWorks website and portals.
- Write blog posts for our website.
- Track and analyze marketing success metrics and write quarterly reports to report data.
- HomeWorks Staff Orientation
- Ongoing staff and culturally responsive training as determined by HomeWorks.
- New Jersey Bonner AmeriCorps orientation prior to the start of the term of service.
- Ongoing training as determined by the staff of the New Jersey Bonner AmeriCorps Program and by the Site Supervisor and/or Campus Director throughout the term of service.
- Strong commitment to HomeWorks’ mission, values and scholars.
- A Business/Marketing degree (attained or in progress).
- Experience with marketing preferred.
- Knowledge of social media outreach across various platforms.
- Be skilled at a variety of software: Canva, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required; knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Wix a plus.
- Professional, reliable, and honest.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with very good organizational and follow-through skills.
- Ability to be flexible and juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and accountability
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a team.
- From 9/1/2022 - 8/25/2023, the Operations and Communication Assistant is expected to work a total of 1700 hours. They will work Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM. Some HomeWorks or community events may be held during the weekends or after work hours.
- Stipend Allowance: $30,000 for 1700 Hour Full-Time.
- Education Award: $6,495 (eligible after successful completion of the term of service).
Equal Opportunity Employer Policy: HomeWorks is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to HomeWorks’ Operations Director, Vilma Jimenez, at email@example.com, with a Re: line of “Application for Bonner Operations and Communications Assistant”
For more information about our organization, please visit homeworkstrenton.org