Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, Eden is a community-services provider and not-for-profit organization, serving children and adults with autism for over 40 years. Founded in 1975, Eden began as a small, family-oriented school for individuals with autism and today offers classes from pre-K through age 21. In addition, Eden provides services for adults with autism including residential and employment programs, as well as providing clinical and training support for families and professionals.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Recreation Assistant who will provide instruction to students during community-based activities, as well as implement teaching goals and behavior support plans under the direction of a certified teacher. The highly talented individual must demonstrate a passionate commitment to Eden’s mission and the desire to deliver in a high-value and mission-driven organization.
- Follow daily activity schedule and meet the therapeutic needs of the students.
- Implement all teaching and behavioral support programs.
- Collect and record teaching and behavioral data on a daily basis.
- Accompany students on all designated community activities.
- Assist Group Leader with all individual and group activities.
- Ensure that students are engaged in appropriate activities during leisure and occupational time.
- Communicate daily student activities to parents by writing in communication logs.
- Complete tasks assigned on daily job chart or as designated by the Group leader.
- Attend staff meetings and all required trainings.
Education: High School diploma required or GED equivalent; enrolled in college or university toward a four-year degree is strongly preferred.
Experience: Entry level; prefer at least one (1) year of working with students with developmental disabilities, preferably with autism.
Physical and Other Requirements
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, squat, kneel, stretch, stoop, and/or reach above shoulder level for extended periods of time (up to 30 minutes) during the work day.
- Vision requirements to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass and maintain Professional Crisis Management (PCM) certification at a P2 level on an annual basis, including implementation of all strategies and techniques.
- Ability to move or be moved freely and quickly to ensure the safety of sor analysis; lve problems, exercise independent judgment, and make appropriate decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, as well as work as a member of a team.
- Ability to take direction and think through processes and procedures, and make recommendations for improvement as necessary to ensure a smooth operation.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Eden offers a comprehensive salary and well-rounded benefits package including medical and dental, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, and more.
The qualified candidate must successfully complete a background check, including criminal check and fingerprinting, mandatory drug testing, motor vehicle check (if applicable), reference checks, salary verification, and completion of a medical/ health physical and mantoux test.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: must be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination card, or receive 1st vaccine shot within 30 days of hire date.
Eden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get hired before December 31, 2021 and receive a $500 bonus* after 90 days of employment!
Apply to find out more!
*based on eligibility requirements