Values: Customer Focus, Excellence, Stewardship, Learning and Growth
Position Summary: This position is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department throughout Delta Community Supports and Delta Family Services. The primary duty is to assist the Director of Human Resources in creating and implementing departmental plans, which involves identifying departmental needs and establishing plans of action. The Associate Director oversees issues related to recruiting, training, salaries, benefits and conflict resolution and participates in training managers, HR staff and other employees in a wide variety of areas that include conflict resolution techniques, leadership, and discrimination or harassment issues. The Associate Director ensures that Delta meets all regulatory requirements related to hiring, firing, harassment/discrimination claims, record keeping, regulatory reporting, benefits administration and any other requirement. This position reports to: The Director of Human Resources.
· Assist the Director of Human Resources (Director) in strategic planning and quality assurance efforts to attain a high standard of programming and services.
· Assist the Director in reviewing and implementing HR practices to ensure an employee lifecycle experience that is supportive of the company mission, vision, values and objectives.
· In collaboration with the Director, research, design and implement employee policies and procedures.
· Participate, when solicited, in assisting the Director with employee relations issues and investigations to finding the best solutions.
· Responsible for keeping abreast of federal and state changes in HR related laws and compliance issues. Update policies, forms and procedures as needed.
· In collaboration with the Director and other stakeholders, design and develop new HR processes to improve the efficiency of HR operations and recommend new approaches to effect continual improvement of processes and operations.
· Participate in the redesign of the employee recruiting and onboarding experience to deliver a strong pipeline of qualified candidates, successfully complete the hiring process, drive engagement and retention.
· Oversee the administration of the Workers Compensation (WC) program. Ensure that proper paperwork is collected after an employee incident and the input into the database and reported as required to OSHA and other parties; prepare analytical reports and recommendations and present information at Safety Meetings.
o Ensure that letters associated with claims are composed and sent in a timely manner
o Interface with our business partners regarding WC cases and issues
o Ensure that employees get prompt and appropriate medical treatment and work with medical personnel and employee to develop appropriate accommodations in order for employees to return to work
o Ensure the OSHA 300 is completed, filed and posted
o Oversee the administration of unemployment compensation benefits:
o Ensure paperwork is completed accurately and filed in a timely manner
o Ensure that the proper staff attend hearings
· Respond to requests for reasonable accommodations, monitors employee activity under the ADAAA and ensure compliance
· Monitor the following HR responsibilities carried out by various HR staff for effectiveness, compliance, completeness and timeliness:
o HRIS Employee Maintenance
o FMLA and LOA
o Administrative Leave
o Personnel paperwork or necessary actions taken by HR staff
o I-9 binders and the re-verification process and the destruction of I-9s in accordance to regulations; E-Verify
· Hire, train, supervise, develop and evaluate human resources staff.
· Represent Delta at outside meetings such as Eagle Trust.
· Participate in various agency committees that pertain to HR such as Wellness, Risk Management, Safety, Performance Management, Delta Leadership Institute, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and bring to the table issues from an HR point of view that are useful or necessary for the agency.
· Contribute to the development, administration and interpretation of HR policies and procedures for best practices.
· Participate in the delivery of professional supervisory courses such as compliance issues, leadership development and any other pertinent topics.
· Responsible ensuring that job descriptions are regularly reviewed, updated and disseminated.
· Oversee and/or develop other positive HR initiatives such as voluntary benefits, newsletter, and recognition program.
· Responsible for assembling, keeping, analyzing and sending data gathered for various purposes such as monthly data for Risk Management or information requested by OSHA.
· Assist the Director in compliance activities such as the submission of the EEO-1 report, benefits regulatory compliance, etc.
· Responsible for various types of correspondence with employees by phone or mailing regarding various issues that must be addressed.
· Participate and advance HR QMP projects and goals.
· Participate and advance Best Practices and goals with all of Deltas HR departments.
· Maximize the development and capacity of staff to advance the mission and values of Delta.
· Prepare reports as necessary.
· Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Director.
· Promote and demonstrate ethical and professional conduct at all times ensuring employees conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner.
· Promote continuous quality improvement projects and ongoing performance measures.
· Promote and participate in Deltas Risk Management Program, addressing the health and safety of individuals and employees.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Strong working knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines
· Strong presentation skills; Ability to use excellent oral and written communications skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong customer service and collaboration skills
· Ability to work effectively with people, facilitating their growth and development
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
· Fully proficient at an advanced level in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel and the ability to learn new and emerging software
· Fully proficient in the operation of HRIS systems at an advanced administrator level
· Ability to read, write and speak English and communicate effectively with all constituencies of a diverse community; perform arithmetical calculations
· Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
· Ability to use telephone, voice mail, copier, facsimile machine, computer and calculator
· Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization, time management and prioritization skills.
· Ability to self-direct, self-pace, multi-task and function well under the pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities.
· Bachelors Degree in HR or a related field; Masters preferred
· Valid drivers license in the state of residence
· Five (5) years in an HR management position with supervisory responsibilities; appropriate additional experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
· HRCI and/or SHRM certification preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Masks are optional while training at the administrative office; however, they must be worn at all program locations. Additionally, pursuant to New Jersey Executive Order, all employees are required to provide evidence of a COVID-19 vaccination with booster
Are you willing to complete a writing test and job-related skills assessment?
HR Management: 5 years (Required)
Human Resources Certification (Preferred)
PA Drivers License in good standing (Preferred)
Work Location: One location