The Human Resource Generalist will perform a wide range of Human Resources services, including enforcing NJCC's policies and practices, ensuring all employee records are up-to-date and confidential, organizing trainings, and serving as the main point of contact to assist with HR-related queries.
· Assists with all internal and external HR-related matters.
· Participates in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures and provides guidance to employees and management.
· Provides support to employees in HR-related queries and resolves any issues.
· Promotes HR programs to foster a collaborative and conflict-free work culture.
· Assists with payroll processing, performance management, and talent management and acquisition.
· Conducts background checks, employee eligibility verifications, and employment verifications.
· Assists HR Team with new employee onboarding/orientation and employee recognition programs.
· Gathers and analyzes data to calculate HR metrics.
· Prepares and submits reports on general HR activity.
· Maintains employee personnel files and records.
· Collects and files quarterly and annual employee performance reviews.
· Reviews, organizes, and documents compliance with mandatory/non-mandatory training.
· Conducts exit interviews and recommends corrective action if necessary.
· Enhances job satisfaction and engagement by resolving issues promptly, recommending strategies and benefits, and organizing team building activities.
· Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Keeps up-to-date with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, compliance requirements, and the latest HR trends and best practices. Includes posting updated labor posters.
· Monitors and reports on Diversity & Inclusion analytics.
· Assists HR Team with the administration of the New Hire Orientation Program
· Minimum Requirement: Associates Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or relevant field plus 7 years of HR experience and HR Certification is required. Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or relevant field; HR certification and 10+ years of HR experience.
· General understanding of HR functions.
· Demonstrated knowledge of employment and labor laws and regulations, familiar with OSHA regulations and compliance.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook; HRMS/HRIS systems experience is a plus.
· Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently with minimum supervision.
· Ability to meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to present to small-to-large size audiences using Teams, Zoom, Power Point, etc.
· Must work onsite Monday thru Friday. This is NOT a hybrid or fully remote position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: One location