ince 1989, it has been Enable’s mission to provide support services to adults with disabilities and assist them in reaching their goals to live full and productive lives. We aim to create an environment that promotes independence, meaningful experiences, and build connections in the community. It is the role of the Team Leader to develop a relationship with our consumers so they feel safe and supported as well as hold a leadership role and provide assistance to the manager
General Statement of Duties: The Team Leader Residential Services assists the team in building and implementing a total program responsive to the interests and needs of the consumer. The team leader works as a member of the team to carry out each aspect of a consumer’s comprehensive service plan. The team leader is a direct care employee who functions in a leadership capacity and provides assistance to the manager. When the manager cannot be present or is absent, the Team Leader of Residential Services will assume the role of the Residential Manager and will report directly to the Director of Residential Services while covering for the Residential Manager. The team leader’s responsibilities ensure the safety and health of consumers through supervision of consumers and provision of quality personal care and home management that increases the individual’s independence and participation in the community. The team leader models behavior to the other staff so they can work effectively with consumers.
Essential Job Functions:*
- Assists the manager with all aspects of providing high quality residential services to participants. Models sound program practices that result in the delivery of quality services to our consumers.
- Maintains supportive relationship with each consumer.
- Ensures proper implementation of behavior modification plans for specific consumers. Informs Residential Manager when significant behaviors arise.
- Enters data on daily basis into electronic records required by Enable and funding bodies such as DDD; may assist other staff in entering information.
- Routinely meets with supervisor and, when requested, participates in management meetings and activities.
- Positively promotes Enable when working with persons inside and outside of Enable.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Compassionate about the care and well-being of others.
- Must be willing to submit to background check, drug test, and pre-employment physical.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- At least three year of related experience, such as; direct care, home health, respite care, and caregiving.
- CPR/First Aid certifications
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Career growth opportunities
- Paid training
- Generous vacation/sick time policy
- Opportunities for overtime
- 401k Plan with match
Job Type: Full-time
Vaccination required for employment.