Currently seeking kindhearted Direct Support Professionals to fill positions in the East Brunswick, North Brunswick, New Brunswick, Manville, Raritan, Sayreville, and central New Jersey areas. The ideal candidate will have Direct Support Professional, Caregiver, or similar experience and be willing to go above and beyond in supporting clients. Full and part-time positions are available.
Responsibilities of the Direct Support Professional
- Serve individuals, groups, and communities with developmental disabilities by the means of comprehensive care and individualized support services that will maximize their independence, empowerment, personal growth and quality of life.
- Provide care and support services to our clients with various healthcare needs in the areas of personal care, behavioral support, recreational and employment services.
- Provide support and training, including but not limited to, emotional support, physical support and monitoring, and development of life skills through training programs, all leading to increased independence and participation in community life for persons with developmental disabilities and/or other related disorders.
- Provide transportation to and from activities.
- Administer medications to individuals as prescribed.
- Perform all duties in accordance with program policies and protocols.
- Follow all program rules and regulations regarding resident/participant treatment protocols, policies, supervision, and safety.
- All other duties assigned by APluscare.
Requirements of the Direct Support Professional
- 6 months of Direct Support Professional, Caregiver, or similar experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid NJ Driver's license
- DDD Training
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to travel about 30 miles for work
- Company may require additional testing pre-employment
- Must have weekend availability
- Willing to go above and beyond in supporting clients
Compensation for the Direct Support Professional. The starting rate is $15.25 to $16.00 hourly.
- Comprehensive benefits package with a choice of health plans that include medical, dental, vision, Life-insurance, a 401(k) investment package along with paid time off for all full-time/Part-time positions
- Overtime is regularly available
- Paid trainings