1... WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
Your community needs you! By staffing a polling location, you will:
- Earn $14.29 per hour on in-person early voting days and $200 on Election Day.
- Earn an additional $30 when you attend required training provided by your county’s Board of Elections and fulfill your commitment at the polls.
- See our great democracy in action, firsthand, and enjoy the feeling that comes with contributing to your local community, your state and your country.
You can apply to serve as a poll worker in New Jersey if you:
- Are a United States citizen and a resident of New Jersey.
- Are at least 16 years of age. College and high school students are encouraged to apply.
Note: Those under 18 years of age will work limited hours per shift. Contact your county’s Board of Elections for further information.
- Are not running as a candidate in this election.
Possible work dates span Saturday, October 23 through Sunday, October 31 (the in-person early voting period) and Tuesday, November 2 (Election Day). Hours and days may vary.Apply now!