Reports to: Owner
- Background check with satisfactory results
- CPR & First Aid Certified
- Current USA Gymnastics Certified Instructor - Recreational Gymnastics
(U100: Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction)
- Current USA Gymnastics Developmental Teacher Certification
- Experience working with young children
Achieves the Ultimate Purpose of a Tumbles®
To provide the best children's program available:
- In a warm and friendly atmosphere
- Staffed by personnel who care, are enthusiastic and understanding
- In a sparkling clean environment
- With properly functioning, safe equipment
- In a professional manner with both parents and children
Gym Management- Capable of performing all duties of other Tumbles employees - assistant director, teachers, assistants.
- Prepare for opening; cue music, safety-check equipment.
- Open the gym at least 30 minutes before the first scheduled class.
- Ensure that adequate staff is ready, willing, and able to work.
- Answer phone calls, return messages.
- Greet members, new customers-being the ‘face’ of the operation.
- Ensure that classes run properly.
- Ensure that enthusiasm of staff and participants is up.
- Ensure that the children are enjoying the class.
- Ensure that staff members have smiles on their faces.
- Inventory of operating supplies.
- Purchasing of operating, office and other supplies.
- Copying and stocking of promotional materials (flyers, brochures)
- Rearrange gym equipment
- Encourage the booking of birthday parties well in advance to assure that the date is reserved.
- Ensure that deposits are received at least one month before the birthday party.
- In conjunction with the parent, ensure that all party supplies are on hand.
- Explain all details of our birthday party practices to the parents so that there are no surprises.
- Make ABSOLUTELY certain that every party is appropriately staffed.
- ESTABLISH RAPPORT WITH PARENTS/CUSTOMERS
- Ensure that parents are happy with the program.
- Listen and respond to parents’ needs- work out problems.
- Handle parent questions and complaints before or after class in a non-confrontational manner.
- Create weekly announcements, keep parents and employees informed.
- Supervises staff in handling registration properly.
- Ensures that all students are registered.
- Ensures that Waiting List parents are informed.
- Ensures that all tuition is paid in full by the third week of class.
- Ensure that attendance is kept for all classes.
- Ensure that make-up classes are handled properly.
- Contact guests to fill positions available when a member no-shows.
- Follow-up with guests promote future registration.
- Contact parents whose children have not attended class three times in a row to determine that all is well.
- Maintenance and management of computer program.
- Accountable for all cash and checks received at the gym.
- Prints a daily report for all cash and checks received.
- Delivers daily report and all monies to the owner in accordance with the owner's instructions.
- Sort mail, organize.
- Community involvement, donations to relevant organizations, etc
- Bookkeeping and basic accounting.
- Keep web announcements and schedule current.
Sales and Business Promotion
- Create and implement a marketing plan for the gym.
- Network with local businesses, community leaders and organizations.
- Send out registration newsletter
- Create and manage promotions.
- Create informative flyers, keep schedule updated for flyers and on the web.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, retain, supervise, discipline, and terminate staff.
- Create and implement employee policies and procedures.
- Scheduling staff for classes and parties, handling vacation requests.
- Hold regular staff meetings to keep the staff informed, to allow them to solve problems, and to contribute ideas.
- Delegate duties such as cleaning, copying, managing computer, etcetera
- Ensure that all timesheets are accounted properly.
- Report the correct number of hours for each employee to the payroll service or owner as required.
- Ensure that the gym is spotless every day. (We would like to be compared to Disneyland in this respect.)