LEAD TRAINER / INSTRUCTOR TRAINEE
Reports to: Director
- Background check with satisfactory results
- CPR & First Aid Certified
- Current USA Gymnastics Certified Instructor - Recreational Gymnastics
(U100: Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction)
- Current USA Gymnastics Developmental Teacher Certification
- Experience in working with young children
- Must be available to work at weekends.
- Directs parents and children in program activities.
- Assures the safety of all program operations.
- Gives all cues for equipment and music support.
- Directs the timing of program activities.
- Delegates during program activities.
- Recommends advancement of participants.
- Interacts effectively with parents regarding the progress of their children.
- Sets the mood! Is excited! Is happy! Has fun!!!
- Knows parents and children by first name.
- Acknowledges each and every child and parent during free time.
- Assumes the duties of the Director when necessary.
- Keeps Director informed of the status of the children, parents, program, staff, activities, supplies, operations, and other significant events.
- Opens and closes the facility.
- Clean and disinfect equipment between classes.
- Assist in maintaining a "spotless" gym.
- Trains Instructors and Assistants.
- Reviews program daily with Staff.
- Assigns program duties daily to Assistants.
- Supervises Assistants in their program duties.
- Ensures that all registration in own class is complete, waiting lists called, and money collected before next session begins.
- Phones continuing clients who don't show up for class on the day of registration so that we know what the client is doing for the session.
- Ensures that cleaning duties have been taken care of at lunch and after evening classes.
- Ensures that the entire gym smells good.
- Ensures that all bathroom, diaper, and promotional supplies (brochures) are well stocked.
- Smiles a lot! Is caring.
- Acknowledges everyone who comes through the door.
- Initiates a caring conversation with people who "look like they need help."
- Effectively sells our regular program and birthday program.
- Maintains an orderly desk.
- Maintains an orderly waiting area.
- Knows everything about the Tumbles® Program including:
* Age groupings for each class
* Names for each class
* How we change our program weekly
* How we create a positive environment
* How many children are in each class
* How many instructors are in each class
* Why we maintain a non-competitive environment
* How we build self-esteem
- Answers the phone (or delegates).
- Returns phone messages (or delegates).
- Answers information requests or questions (or delegates).
- Checks in and registers guests and make-ups.
- Receives and properly records and processes all payments.
- Assures the security of roll books, registration cards, etc.
- Processes mail.
- Maintains the inventory of desk supplies.
- Manages all birthday party supplies. Checks to see that everything is present when supplies are brought in.
- Assists in facility maintenance as needed.
- Assists in program presentation.
- Handles salespersons and solicitations.
- Handles "strangers" in the facility.