Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Provides reception assistance (i.e. greet patients, answer calls, direct caller to appropriate person or area, etc.)
· Schedule all patient appointments/ follow up visits
· Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments.
· Responsible for patient check in/check out
· Screen all telephone callers in a professional manner
· Answer all patient questions to ensure full patient understanding.
· Receive and maintain all necessary patient files as well as make sure they are organized/up to date.
· Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintain schedules with regard to booking, rescheduling, cancelling.
· Obtain insurance information and verify eligibility.
· Properly communicate patient arrival to the technician.
· Effectively manage and direct patient flow.
· Maintain a cleanly/organized work space (will be required to disinfect/sanitize workspace)
· Make sure all new patients are given the necessary paperwork upon arrival.
· Check referrals prior to the appointment.
· Collect Co-Payments
· Performs all other related duties as needed by providers and supervisors.
· Maintain friendly and professional relationships with physicians, office and clinical staff.
· Adhere to policies and procedures during all activities.
Qualifications & Requirements
· Ability to work well with others
· Excellent communication skills
· Data entry and typing skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Excellent customer service skills
· Proven experience as a medical secretary or similar administrative position
· Knowledge of medical terminology, regulations and medical office procedures
· Prior ophthalmology experience
· EMR experience
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location