Functions as liaison between the dealership, region, and national headquarters ensuring the highest standard of assistance to dealers, customers, and assigned accounts. Consistently reviews and tracks service and parts dealer standards with assigned dealers to ensure continuous growth and customer satisfaction. Identifies, develops, and implements solutions to customer and product issues. Applies appropriate policies and procedures to ensure customer retention and effective use of company resources. Identifies, documents, and communicates product quality issues with dealers and customers to support IsuzuÆs high level of quality, dependability, and uptime.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
% of time spent on each activity
1. Promotes the sale and marketing of Isuzu service and parts to meet dealer and corporate objectives. This includes but is not limited to working with dealers' service departments, independent repair shops (IRS), and fleet accounts. Develops marketing strategies with dealers to increase potential parts sales and encourages usage of parts and service co-op to develop strategies.
2. Supports the lifecycle business process by routinely reviewing dealershipÆs service process flow management, technical and management abilities, service intake objectives, vehicle uptime priorities, KPIs, etc. Recommends and reviews appropriate actions to improve areas of concern with dealership executive and service management. Works jointly with Lifecycle Business Manager during in depth review process.
3. Builds customer satisfaction by working on vehicle uptime priority and general customer satisfaction cooperatively with dealer staff, local IRS, and fleet operators. This includes but is not limited to actively engaging Vehicle Down Report (VDR) or similar processes, customer assistance (CAS) needs, and general requirements from dealers and customers.
4. Provides administrative and review functions required by dealership, region, and corporate, related to dealer contact reports, warranty processes, lifecycle and technical training, support to TAC and product engineering, etc. Assists dealers in developing solutions to meet requirements of all parties while keeping the customer top priority. Supports regional and corporate activities to increase the Isuzu brand.
5. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Reports to: Manager, Lifecycle Business
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
Bachelors degree in Business, Automotive, or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent directly related work experience
Minimum three years experience working for a domestic manufacturer, import distributor, or new vehicle dealership
Previous experience as an automotive truck technician and/or dealer service and parts operations desirable
Thorough understanding of on-highway vehicle mechanical and electrical principals
Solid knowledge of automotive/truck terminology and operations
Knowledge of modern diesel and gasoline vehicle systems
Knowledge of dealership fixed operations
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Proficient PC skills in Windows applications and with smart communication technology
Very strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Ability to be productive and self-motivated
Ability to work independently while meeting objectives and expected results
Outstanding time management skills and marketing strategies
The employee must be able to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer or smart phone. This is primarily a traveling position in a mobile office environment which requires only occasional reaching, stooping, and lifting of office files, reports or records, typically weighing 25 lbs. or less.
Requires frequent travel, over 75% of time including overnight stays.
Interprets, executes and/or recommends modifications to organizational policies.
Responsible for managing functions or a functional activity. May directly participate in establishing and administering many centralized functional projects. Accomplishes results through others who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
Monitors work operations on a daily basis and actively assists or provides direction to others as required. Responsible for all projects and objectives assigned. May act as an advisor to others to help meet established schedules or resolve technical or operational problems. Must operate within established budget schedules and performance standards.
Frequent contacts with inter-organizational and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling of specific phases of projects or contractual clarification. Conducts and attends technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
Pay scale for this position is between $89,213 and $114,639. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.