· Under the direct supervision of the Finance/Revenue Cycle Manager, performs accounting activities and makes determinations requiring knowledge of the Department and related rules, regulations, policies and procedures and performs tasks, including but not limited to ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
· Assists in the review, analysis and confirmation of the correctness of varied types of financial statements, summaries and records.
· Makes suitable journal, ledger, cash book and other entries; maintains, classifies, indexes and cross references records and files; e.g.: A/P, P.O., etc..
· Reconciles cash and other ledgers; maintains cash control records; logs in daily cash receipts from cashiers.
· Disburses funds to local taxing authorities; posts summarization of receipts and disbursements to ledgers.
· Posts accounting data relating to federal grant funds to ledgers and journals; checks accounting classification, bills and invoices for completeness and accuracy; assists in posting month-end general ledger journal entries.
· Administers the purchasing process including, but not limited to, the following
o Relieves purchase requisitions from all departments;
o Insures proper authorization and approvals are released;
o Organizes and coordinates the preparation of purchase orders;
o Reviews purchasing policy and communicates with vendors to insure maximization cost savings and resolution of problems;
o Verifies deliveries of orders placed;
o Insures proper distribution of orders placed to proper department;
o Maintains purchasing files.
· Promotes positive customer relations.
· Greets all patients/clients/customers via telephone or directly in a personal and professional manner.
· Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
· Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
· Prepares non-inventory purchase order requisitions.
· Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
· Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
· Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
· Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
· Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
· Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
· Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
· Updates Verify Comply (SAM) data base of all vendors
· Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
· Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
· May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental procedures.
· Assists in balancing accounts by running tapes, proofreading, etc.; prepares summary of balances, cost information or other reports as requested for supervisor's use in preparing financial statements.
· May proofread and post operations progress or other reports and make a monthly summary or recaps of such reports as needed.
· Performs any additional duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
· Pass proficiency testing in Spanish (if bilingual) within 30 days of notification of testing requirement.
· Ambulatory Surgery Technician Certification is required for employees who sterilize surgical and medical instruments. The employees who are required to sterilize instruments must pass the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, INC. (CBSPD), Ambulatory Surgery Technician Exam within 6 months of hire.
· Complete Care Coordination and Transitional Management Course.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Associate degree in Accounting, preferred.
· Minimum of three (3) years of professional accounting practices and procedures.
LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER (KSAOs)
· Ability to perform detailed work with numerical data and to make arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
· Computer literacy and proficiency.
· Accountable to the Finance/Revenue Cycle Manager for all phases of activities
PHYSICAL & WORK REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers and other office equipment. The position requires the physical ability to kneel, bend, and perform light lifting. This person must have the ability to write and speak clearly using the English language to convey information and be able to hear at normal speaking levels both in person and over the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Generally, the working conditions are good with little or no exposure to extremes in health, safety hazards and/or hazardous materials.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,000.00 - $58,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
Accounts Payable: 2 years (Preferred)
Temporarily due to COVID-19
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Plastic shield at work stations
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place