Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Maintenance Technician II
As a representative for our company, you will be responsible for assisting with troubleshooting, diagnostics, repairs on buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, grounds and maintenance equipment for assigned facilities, with an emphasis on electrical maintenance and repairs.
1. Perform maintenance and repair on automated conveyor distribution systems.
2. Performs general building maintenance without supervision.
3. Assists in the repair and maintenance of a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic devices.
4. Lights and ballast replacements.
5. Trouble shoot plumbing issues and repair problems.
6. Work with cubes and furniture moves.
7. Perform minor HVAC repairs and maintenance under close supervision.
8. Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
9. Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
10. Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility maintenance.
11. Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
12. Inspect electrical distribution systems for safety and efficiency.
13. Assist in maintaining and operating life safety/fire systems.
14. Perform limited snow removal services.
15. Practice safe work habits at all times
16. Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
17. Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Technical, vocational, or on-the-job training in electrical and HVAC or any similar combination of experience and education.
2. Prior experience using a work order management system.
3. Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook email).
4. Possess and maintain a valid drivers license and good driving record with periodic checks.
5. Background checks will be required.
6. Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
7. Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in maintenance work.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills
9. Ability to communicate effectively
10. May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent
2. 3-10 years of experience in commercial facilities and building maintenance.
3. Experience in Light Industrial distribution facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Maintenance on Automated Conveyor Distribution Systems: 2 years (Preferred)
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Mercer County Works is the fastest growing, hyper-local job engine committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) as well as workforce re-entry programs. At Mercer County Works, we help people get jobs through a dedicated job engine for Mercer County (NJ) and its surrounding areas. How do we accomplish this? Whether you are looking to build your professional profile (job...