Reports to: President Department: Commercial Sales
Work Schedule & Classification: Full-time, salary, exempt position
Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Generate new business opportunities by actively contacting prospects
- Schedule prospecting appointments to perform interactive sales presentations
- Gather relevant business information to provide quotes tailored to the specific needs of the client
- Network with prospects by building relationships and developing centers of influence with other companies, peers, networking groups, members of other departments, and senior management to maximize results
- Engage a flow of referrals and new business opportunities by utilizing prospecting strategies to increase opportunities
- Recommend additional lines of insurance to clients to ensure appropriate coverage is in place and cross-sell to other departments within the organization
- Build and maintain client relationships and provide oversight to account activity
- Research competition to stay on top of the market
- Utilize the agency management system to document all client and prospect calls and selling activities
- Deliver first-class customer service by communicating clearly with clients to continually set, meet, and exceed expectations
- Incorporate and regularly practice techniques and strategies introduced through sales training to continuously enhance skills and related performance
- Identify target industry niches and build proficiency in them by joining and participating in corresponding associations and networking groups
- Introduce other service departments to clients and quarterback all inquiries to ensure efficient and superior service is provided
- Meet the minimum expectations of Performance Metrics
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner at all times
- Actively participate in sales and company meetings by sharing experiences, account knowledge, selling strategies, etc.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by Management
- Bachelor’s degree(Preferred)
- B2B sales experience
- Valid Property & Casualty Licenses
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and organized
- Energetic, dedicated team player
- Basic computer knowledge and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Applied Systems EPIC (Preferred)
- Must be capable of sitting for a long period of time.
- Walking and driving are required.
- No lifting required.